Friday, June 26, 2009

Into a routine we go...

We have now gotten into our routine. We teach 5 days a week at 3 different schools. As you can see from the previous post we had excitement on Monday night. :)

We taught on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and enjoyed every minute with the kids. We didn't worry about whether or not we would get lice. We just relaxed and had fun playing games with them. They love playing ring around the Rosie, London Bridges, and various hand games. They even wait for us to arrive before they walk down to the school. It is great to see the smiles on their faces.

Wednesday night, Kate and I watched down to the beach. It is amazing to see how much the tide does out when it during low tide. We were able to walk out to the middle of the ocean...I mean the South China Sea. We stopped and talked to a couple that was pulling things out of a net. They were catching crab to take home and cook for their families. They said they come out early when the tide is just getting ready to go out and lay their nets. Then they just have to wait to see what they catch. I find it truly amazing that it is possible to see what the bottom of the ocean looks like. It does not appear as I would think.

Thursday night we took a bus into the city to exchange money. we also ate at the Phillipano restaurant. I got Phillipano style spaghetti. It was delicious. We stopped at McDonald's on the way back to the bus to get an ice cream. They love McDonald's and KFC here. I still think KFC is better in the states.

Friday we cleaned the apartment and left for a bed and breakfast that we will stay at for the weekend. Our apartment was already rented for this weekend before we rented it for the summer. There is a chance that we will be able to move back early if they people decide not to stay for the whole weekend.

The walk to the bed and breakfast was about a 1 1/2 miles or so from our apartment. It was so hot. We were drenched in sweat by the time we reached the b & b. We were walking with 20 lbs each on our backs. It is probably 100 degrees outside today. There is a lady that said that she might be able to get us a good deal on climbing the mountain. It would be great if we could climb the mountain. We know that people come here from all over just to climb the mountain.

Today we learned that Micheal Jackson and Farrah Fawcett died. We find ourselves amazed on how disconnected to the world we have come. We don't really know what is happening around the world. I don't miss the TV even though I have enjoyed when we have watched movies. I guess there will be a lot to catch up on when we get back to the states.

No comments: