Friday, December 23, 2011

The One to Turn To

I don't know where you are this morning in your emotions and your thoughts, but perhaps this will help you verbalize your feelings to Him:


Hear my cry, O God;

Give heed to my prayer.

From the end of the earth I call to Thee

When my heart is faint;

Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

For Thou hast been a refuge for me,

A tower of strength against the enemy.

Let me dwell in Thy tent forever;

Let me take refuge in the

shelter of Thy wings.

Psalm 61:1-4


* * *

O God, please hear me when I cry out to You,

please listen as I pour out my heart.

It doesn't matter where I am--

how far away from home I might be.

You are the One I turn to

when things just seem to

be too much for me--
when I'm fighting anxiety

or depression, fear or anything

that causes me to become discouraged.

O Lord, cause me to look to You,

for You are so strong,

so stable, so powerful and wise.

You have always been the

One to whom I turn for

solace, for strength,

for understanding--You have

always been the Source of

my strength against

the satanic forces

in this world.

Thank You, dear Father, that

I am seated with You--

secure in You

strong in You

sheltered in Your arms and

hidden beneath Your wings.

No comments: