Thursday, September 16, 2010

Back to the grind



Working at the high school is so different from working at the junior high. The administration actually backs up their teachers! What a great concept!!!


This semester I am teaching Algebra 2 and my classes are huge. My students literally sit on top of each other in the room. 33 desks take up a lot of room. Every class has their own unique personalities. Sometimes I find it difficult to get anything accomplished.



I am finishing up the unit on systems of equations and graphing parent functions. This has been a very difficult unit for my students to understand. I think it comes back to the fact that they did not learn the basic skills of graphing before they come to Algebra 2.


Starting next week I'll be teaching factoring. I do not know why I love to factor. I hope my students enjoy it as much as I do. I highly doubt that will happen but one can dream! Yes, I know I am a geek!!


Is this not nasty?????????



Below are a couple of pictures of my classroom. Sydney has asked for pictures almost every time we see each other.




No comments: