Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Road Trip

This past weekend I traveled down to Alabama to visit friends I met in Casper, WY. I met Ginger, Glenn and Ellie at the Bright Star in Bessemer. This is Gingers favorite place. It is a very nice restaurant.

I was able to stay with Glenn and Ginger for the weekend. They were very hospitable. Sunday they took me to their church. It is a little different from AMRBC. That night we joined my pastor's family and went to his brothers church. I enjoyed listening is the choir perform a musical celebration. We came back to the house and enjoyed fellowship with everyone. We heard stories and had a good time laughing.

On Monday, Ginger and I went to the movies and saw, How did you know. We enjoyed our picnic in the movies by bringing in chic fila strips and getting a drink and small popcorn. It was OK but it was dragged out. There were some slow parts of the movie.

Tuesday I headed back to Spartanburg. I did get a chance to meet up with Katie in Birmingham for lunch. We enjoyed catching up with each other. It had been forever since we talked or saw each other. I continued traveling back home and of course ran into traffic in Atlanta.

It is always nice to get away for little while. Wonder where the next road trip will lead!

No comments: