Friday, May 7, 2010

It has been awhile...

Wow! I'm such a slacker! I can't believe that I have gone the whole school year without updating my blog. Well, I guess there is not time like the present.

We only have 3 weeks of school left before summer. Pass testing is coming up next week and then the EOC for about 40 of my students. I'm not that worried about my students on the Pass test but the EOC has me stressed out. I am trying to cram as much knowledge into my students brains. Bless them for not losing it. They just keep hanging in there and asking questions. My honors students are now at the point where they know what topics they need me to cover and they ask me to do so...well actually they demand me to cover the topics. I think deep down they are probably more stressed about the EOC then I am.

I kind of feel sorry for my honors students because they have Pass testing this upcoming week and then they have to come right back the next week and take the EOC which is 20% of their entire grade for the year.

I am in the process of packing up my classroom and bringing all my stuff home. I will be moving the high school next year because of the need to split the junior high. I believe that the change will be good for me and I think I will enjoy teaching there.

I have decided not to travel overseas this summer. I will be working at Vacation Bible Xtreme this summer. Right after VBX is over I will be heading to Casper, Wyoming with other people from AMRBC to help build a church. The plan is to leave Casper and head to Seattle to visit with my granny. The plans for Seattle have not been set in stone quite yet.

I'll try to do better with updating the blog from here on out.

No comments: